Pages

Wednesday 20 October 2021

Making Rosary Beads




 Today at school I made rosary beads using a measured piece of string that was purple, ten yellow wooden beads and three single wooden beads that were ivory, green and red. 

First, we had to get the ten beads of one colour and thread them on the plastic string we had. After, we needed to get the two ends of our rosary beads and line them up at the end.

Then we inserted the string through both of the ends of each bead. It was hard at first but the trick was to insert both of the ends of the string into the bead, and once you had done that we had to push on one of the ends into the bead and then do the same with the other end of the string.

 After inserting the two other beads, I tied a knot at the bottom and pulled the ends of the string to tighten the knot. Finally, I made a knot at the end of the string while putting two of my fingers to make the hole stay in place while I tied the knot. In the end, our teacher Mrs Deeney put a white sticker for us to draw a cross on one side and our name on the other.

We made rosary beads because October is the month of the rosary.  Two years ago, my teacher Mrs Agnew taught us how to pray the rosary and that October is the month of the rosary. Our class made the same rosary beads with the same items. The rosary beads will be very helpful because it will help keep track of the prayers as I go along. 



3 comments:

  1. Hey Jamie I read your work and it sounded really creative maybe you could teach me how to make a rosary bead.
    Anyway great Job

    Yours Sincerely

    Willietony

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Willietony for not replying, but thank you for the nice comment. Do you remember that we made rosary beads in 2019? Also, sure. I could teach you how to make one when Lockdown ends.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Jamie Be safe at school

      Delete