Pages

Tuesday 20 October 2020

The Best Day of My Life

 The Best Day of my life


When I was six years old, I went to Mt Ruapehu with my family. My Dad drove us to the mountain and it took 7-8 hours to get there. I knew we were close to the mountains because I saw some snow and a frozen lake. My Mum brought some cookies with us to eat in the car if Jaeden and I got hungry.

At one stage, my brother and I were bored, so we made a game that was about cookies and good luck. To play this game you needed some cookies. First, we had to do rock, paper, scissors and if you lost then you had to watch your opponent eat the cookies.

I lost five times and Jaeden lost three. Once I was so tempted that I grabbed Jaeden’s cookie that he was devouring slowly, and munched it down my own throat! Jaeden was very upset but after driving and waiting he finally forgave me.  I have such a nice brother.

Later on the mountain, my  Dad pulled us on a sled while my Mum was taking photos of the mountain and the view and us. After a little while we begged Mum and Dad to take us on a ride on the moving chairs. We wanted to try something new and they said yes. On the first ride it was scary and exciting.  The next ride was not so scary anymore.

I wanted to make the most of it so I ate some ice and snow. I told Jaeden that the ice I ate was yummy and tastes like a snow cone. He tried it himself and agreed; we even brought some home with us and put it in the freezer.

I really enjoyed my adventure with my family in the snow. I hope we go there again in the winter sometime soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment